Monday, July 14, 2008

My plan for the rest of the month...

Going to be an incredibly busy last half of the month. Work has a two-day training seminar near the end of month that will mess up my standard east coast working hours (I live in AZ, so I'm at work by 5:30 and out at 2:30 am AZ time; for those two training days, I'll be doing the standard 8-5 which really screws up your sleep schedule).

On the 31st, my fiance and I close on are first house. We move on the 1st.

At the end of next month, we get married. Which means taking care of some minor details this month.

So as you can see, I have a lot going on, the last thing I need to do is stress myself about bad results at the tables. Therefore, I'm going back to my strict bankroll rules.

Here's what that entails:

I will no longer being playing cash games on FullTilt for a bit. I haven't been properly rolled there for a long time. As a result, when I do take the inevitable bad beats there it frustrates me two-fold as I also stress about going busto there.

Rather than play with this scared money or get frustrated when funds get low, I am instead going to do a SNG challenge for myself. Quite simply, I want to see how many $1 SNGs I can get in before the end of month and what type of ROI%/profit I can put up at that micro level. This allows me to continue to play, doesn't put my bankroll at risk, and I can get that sense of accomplishment that I seek. Good way to practice hand-reading as well.

I will continue to play 10NL on PokerStars as I am properly rolled there for that level. Plus if I do have a bad downswing, I can drop down a level as per my bankroll rules. It will not be my focus but I do plan on getting in quite a few hands.

So that is my plan. I'll continue to try to NOT post bad beats unless they are entertaining like the AA in my previous post.

So be checking back often to see how my SNG challenge is going and see if I'm learning anything.

Good luck at the virtual felt.

DubsPoke

No comments:

Post a Comment