Thursday, December 6, 2007

Lunch Break Poker....

I seriously should just rename this blog to "Lunch Break Poker" as it seems my most common posts are related to my Turbo games I play over my lunch hour. Anyways, played a $6+.50 9seat SNG and a $6+.50 6seat SNG. Took them both down. I dominated the 9seater with good cards as well as good calls. My winning it was never in question.

However, the 6seater was a slightly different story. I dominated after taking down a huge pot after blinds raised to the 50/100 level. I was aggressive and stole many pots as well. Headed into heads up with a 3:1 lead. After two hands, I was down to 1700 chips! My A-j got beat by a-5. Very next hand, pushed with pocket 9s to get bested by pocket 10s. I pushed two faces my next hand and somehow won with overcards on a rag board. Somehow hung around with 3400 chips by poor play and a lack of aggression from my opponent. Found myself with a-k and beat his a-5 this time around and suddenly was back with a dominant stack. Flopped two pair on the final hand when it held up against his open-end straight draw.

2 games, 2 first places. Why can't it be like that all the time?

Unfortunately, I also decided to sit down at a .10/.25 NLHE with $25 and promptly donked it away. I really need to figure out how to play cash games.

Correction: I need to figure out how to take advantage of the loose donks instead of being one. My SNG and tourney play isn't horrendous; my cash game is.

See you at the virtual felt,

DubsPoke
Bankroll: $605

1 comment:

  1. At the lower limits, tight play is rewarded. People usually are not paying enough attention to realize that you haven't played a hand and will pay you off. There is no need to rush. The blinds to not go up.

    ReplyDelete