Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Curse of the Blog

Much like Warcrimes-Road to Retirement, I've seem to have been hit by the curse of the blog. If you haven't heard about this curse, let me fill you in. An aspiring poker player who has been turning a profit decides to share his story with the rest of the world through the use of a blog. He/she has decided that he will be entertaining, as well as helping, others by sharing his exploits. Then THE CURSE OF THE BLOG strikes!

The aspring poker player all of a sudden is drilled by a string of bad beats and "donks" and his bankroll takes a big slam.

In reality, it isn't bad beats or donks that cost the player his bankroll. Instead, I hypothesize that it is the player's focus on "improving his game" that results in poor play. In other words, I've been trying to outplay my opponent without having the goods/skill to actually do so. Additionally, the aspiring players focus on reaching certain goals results on him continue to load up chips on the felt when they should step away from the felt and take a break instead of playing while on a "hidden tilt" (which is my phrase for being on tilt although I dont' realize I am, this typically results in me continue to push to "outplay" my opponents).

Anwyays, this is what has happened to me. Instead of playing my game that is the reason why I have been successful, I've been trying to do to many things that I'm not skilled enough at yet to do at the levels that I'm doing them at. And that was a horribly written sentence, I apologize. I hope you understand what I mean.

Luckily, I have been staying pretty close to my Bankroll management rules so I'm still sitting comfortably at $670 in my account.

Now I just got to get back going the other direction. AFTER the Thanksgiving break.

See you at the felt,

DubsPoke
Bankroll: $670ish

1 comment:

  1. just continue to play well and make good decisions ... it will work out

    i just came across your blog and enjoyed reading your archives ...good luck and i will add your blog to my blog roll and reader

    ReplyDelete