Friday, May 23, 2008

When in doubt, drop it down

That's exactly what I did last night. Dropped it down a level. Absolutely crushed it. Loved it. Confidence restored jumped back up to my normal level. Went much better as my game had tightened up a lot. Trying to get too fancy at the micro-levels just leads to frustration.

Also - figured out my rakeback situation on FullTilt. I have the distinct advantage of being born a III (as in the third son with the same name). Therefore, a new account has been created at FullTilt reflecting my full name. You will now see me under the name "ProBubbler." Stupid name? Definitely, but it's all I could come up with. Hopefully it will be a name of irony (as in "never bubbles").

In order to keep my FullTilt bankroll afloat, I played in their 10NL $3CAP games. Talk about soft. Wow.

Finished 14th in a 180s $2 tourney. I really like these tourneys as they are great practice and can have a decent payday for the investment ($92 for 1st on a $2 investment). I played the tourney very well but then had the CO limp into my BB when I held K-8. Board comes K-2-2-10-x. Only hands that beat me are AA, AK, KK, KQ, KJ, K10. Some combination with a 2 (not likely). All the chips go in and my opponent destroyed me with AK.

What do you think of his play with AK just after the bubble burst? Do you see that big of a hand slow-played in late position often? His stack was only about 14k (I had 8k to start the hand). Is it a play that you suggest working into my game?

Also - thanks to all for the comments! I've been trying to figure out how to best respond to them. How do you all handle comments?

Take care,
DubsPoke
FT: $62
PokerStars: $296

No comments:

Post a Comment